Library re-opening during the Covid-19 pandemic
We will follow all procedures and direction of the Chief Medical Officer of Public Health and the Public Library Services Branch.
Safety of the public and staff is our priority!
Covid-19 Compliant Procedures
Guidelines for Elk Point Municipal Library
- Stay home if you are experiencing any symptoms of illness.
- Masks are mandatory.
- We will by open Tuesday and Wednesday and Thursday from 10am-5pm. Mondays and Fridays will be a Curbside pickup day only. from 10am-5pm.
- All books much be returned in the outside book return so they can be quarantined for the required time and wiped down before being returned to the shelf.
- limit the amount of browsing by calling in your order and only taking items off the shelf that you plan to check out.
- Do not re-shelve items, there will be a cart provided off to the side so that staff can sanitize items before re-shelving.
- all members are limited to a 20-minute browsing time.
- Follow good hygiene practices including washing hands often, cover coughs and sneezing with a tissue or your elbow and avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- No reusable bags for books allowed.
- The public washrooms are closed.
- All photocopying/faxing/printing will be done by staff using either a memory stick or emailed directly to us.
- WIFI is available for your own device.
- There will be a display of all new books located at the front of the library.
- The number of people onsite at any time will be limited to 5 people.
- social distancing will be enforced.
- specific hours of service will be offered for at-risk library members.
- Furniture has been placed to allowed for social distancing.
- All summer programming will be offered virtually.
Cleaning and Restricted Items
- All newspapers, toys, puppets, LEGO and in-house games will be off limits until restrictions ease.
- Daily opening routines include sanitizing tables, chairs and work areas.
- There is a cleaning schedule that must be followed.
- The public laptop must be cleaned after every use.
- Everyone entering the library will be required to sanitize their hands before entering the library.
- No groups are allowed in at this time.
- The boardroom will remain closed for meetings, etc...
- Additional hand sanitization stations will be placed throughout the library.
- All returns will be placed in bins and quarantined for 2 days.
- There are additional cleaning procedures for outside books, plastic bins, kit bags, audio visual cases and DVD cases.
- We are diligently following AHS guidelines to do our best to ensure the health and safety of our Library Members and staff. If you have any questions, please contact the library at 780-724-3737