Community Adult Learning Program (CALP)
CALP (Community Adult Learning Program) provides Adult Literacy and Foundational Learning opportunities in communities across Alberta with funding from Alberta Advanced Education.
CALP services include
- English language instruction
- high school equivalency exam preparation (GED prep)
- basic computer skill assistance or classes
- support for adult students enrolled in Portage College's academic foundations program
- foundational literacy and numeracy education
In Elk Point, the CALP is provided and administered through Portage College. The CALP coordinator, Sandie Bishop, is a fully qualified, experienced secondary and adult education teacher.
CALP is flexible. Instruction begins where the learner needs it, and progresses at the learner's pace. A learner can work individually or in a small group, in person at the library or online. Meetings can be one time only or on-going. Most books and other materials are supplied, so there is minimal cost to learners.
For more information, email Sandie at email@example.com, phone her at 780-614-6368, or inquire at the library.